> On Aug 1, 2017, at 7:32 PM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> On 08/01/2017 05:27 PM, Jerry Weiss wrote:
>> If you install the DELUA, don’t forget there is TCP/IP support for RT11 from
>> Alan Baldwin at http://shop-pdp.net/rthtml/tcpip.htm.
>
> Hi Jerry -- I had seen the RT-11 TCP/IP stuff, but my 11/45 can only address
> 256K of memory, so doesn't meet the minimum reqs :-(
>
>       --FritzM.

FYI - from the TCP/IP  RT-11 documentation….

                               NOTE

             It is possible to install the TCP/IP Package on a 248K
             machine using the DEUNA/DELUA 18-bit (Non Unibus  Map-
             ping)  EU18XM.SYS handler.  This handler requires 7.5k
             bytes for code and packet buffers.  This configuration
             allows  at  most  one networking application to be ac-
             tive.

That plus there is a light version of the FTP user program provided.

On the other hand, using a DR11-C, DRV11 etc.. with an external Arduino
handling the IP stack would probably be 10x faster (or more) than the
native implementation.  I only get about 5-8 Kbytes/sec with a DELQA
under RT11.

Jerry Weiss
j...@ieee.org