On 8/4/17 09:26, Paul Koning wrote:

>> So my question is: do industrial SD cards exist?
> Yes; we've been using them for years now in the products I work on.  While
> you can still wear them out if you beat on them hard enough, they do have
> good reliability.

Okay, that's good news then.  Any suggestions on what to look for when
looking for these SD cards?  That is, how to reliably distinguish them
from consumer grade?

> If you have a ready-made SD interface, these cards work nicely.  If you need
> to build one from scratch it gets tricky, because the interface is fairly
> high speed serial (packet based) signaling, and the initialization sequence
> before you can do any I/O is fairly convoluted.  It is reasonably well
> documented in the SD standard, but still, it takes a while to get all the
> code working.  BTDT.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of figuring all that out.  I got it running
through the initialization sequence (as far as I can tell) and as soon
as I get home from my summer job I'll start working on doing data transfers.

Dave