> <snip>
>
> You might try using unix dd to prepend 6656. bytes of zero as a header,
> and then copy the rest of the data to form a 512,512. byte file.
> That may work on PDP11GUI (and should under SIMH as well) ***IF*** the
> person who imaged the disk just dropped track 0.
> If they ALSO decided to de-interleave the physical sectors to logical
> blocks then the process just got a lot more complicated.
> You will then need to undo the physical/logical conversion of the sectors
> to blocks to get back to a raw device image of the RX media.

What I was thinking is to format some IBM 3740 disks somewhere else (a CP/M
computer with 8" drives) and then use your RL02 running XXDP to turn them
into RX02 disks (they have to be formatted before you can use them).  I
believe there is an XXDP utility that converts an IBM 3740 format disk into
an RX02 disk with the higher capacity. Then you can copy files onto the
RX02 disk from RT-11, etc.  Am I correct that one can do this?

All of this of course assumes that you already have an RL02, drive running,
but I seem to remember you do.    Right?

Bill