On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I don't remember about the slots, but I think it might work in either.  If
> there are no card fingers on the CD card edges, that would be a good sign it
> would be QCD only.  If it has ONLY the grant jumpers there, then it can work
> on a normal Q bus slot.

You can't configure a useful BA23 or BA123 system with a VCB02 board
set only in Q22/CD slots. There are only 3 Q22/CD slots in a BA23 and
only 4 in a BA123. By the time you put a CPU board and at least 1
memory board in the Q22/CD slots a 2 board set VCB02 would have to
occupy at least 1 Q22/Q22 slot in a BA23 and a 3 board set VCB02 would
have to occupy at least 1 Q22/Q22 slot in a BA123.

I suppose you could put a CPU board, 1 memory board, and a 2 board set
VCB02 in the 4 Q22/CD slots of a BA123, but that would be an unusual
configuration.

One of the manuals says that only a 4-plane 2 board set VCB02 is
supported in a BA23 due to power supply constraints.