On 09/10/2017 11:08 AM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> But, there were MANY obscure, mostly unpublished, manuscripts among the
> VERY first uses of word processing.  Well before Jerry got into computers.

In fact, I'm aware of at least one novel that was composed using punched
cards on a mainframe.  Using computers to prepare text pre-dates
microprocessors by a country mile.  Calling it "word processing" was a
later innovation.

That being said, I enjoyed Jerry's USENET postings back in the day
immensely.

Fred, you forgot that Tesla invented alternating current...

--Chuck