<snip>

I hate the Graphics interface concept like the Web Browsers.
Click on this, click on that! Wait 30 seconds for some banner ad to download so you can read your page. So Jack does your favorite
developer send a new PC so you run his product?

Well, actually we do exactly that - http://secureoutcomes.net/index.php/livescan-products/ls1100-print-transmit with embedded process control single board computer.

We did actually design it with image processing algorithms that were too slow when we started - gambled that the hardware would catch up by product launch.

We run real-time video rate data through this thing - all built in Common Lisp :)

It did: Lucky! Lucky! Lucky!  :)

Ben.
PS: Still grumbling over the FORTRAN COMMON FEATURE that software can't
sort local variables and arrays into separate segments to have
a clean cashe, so don't mind me.

:)

Regards to the List from the Rocky Mountains,

Jack

Jack Harper, President
Secure Outcomes Inc
2942 Evergreen Parkway, Suite 300