> On 10/18/2017 06:45 PM, Brad H via cctalk wrote:
>
> > I just purchased an RCA Microtutor minus the rather important CPU
card.  I
> > can recreate the card but I expect locating the 1801 chips will be
> > difficult.  I am just posting this in various forums in case anyone has
any
> > leads on where I might find either the complete card or the required
chips
> > to make a replacement.  I'm wondering what, if any devices were built
with
> > the 1801 that I might be able to scrounge from.

You might try searching for tc1084/ tc1085.  The 1801 cpu chips' original
silkscreen names were not "1801"

Just before the Tutor RCA sold the COSMAC Microkit and it had the earlier
version of the 1801 chip set:

http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=511

Another place to check is auto computers and embedded stuff ... Some if the
very earlist auto computers had 1802s for sure, maybe some had 1801s.  Dual
cpu chip 1801s were not prototypes, they were sold for a good year before
being replaced by the single cpu 1802.

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net