Hello guys.

I am a passionate collector of old computerhardware (PDP8’s) and terminals from
the very early 70ies.

It has always been my aim to be able toconnect a modem or an acoustic coupler
directly to one of my ASCII terminals,dial a number and be connected…with
Google!

Something like Google-interface but convertedto match ASCII terminals (only
text, very simple graphics).

I am aware that all searches that returnpicture sand graphics will not be
displayed. But at least search-page should bein plain text, and many websites
may as well. Wikipedia would be great…

Does anybody know if there exists such anaccess-number where this conversion is
already made, or is there a small deviceon the market that allows on one side
connect to a dial-up modem and on theother side to the terminal and doing the
ASCII conversion stand-alone?

 It would be really cool to be able todemonstrate to folks that these terminals
can actually look up pages on Googleand (with limitations) also access some
pages.

Something similar has actually been done in an artisticway a few years ago
under: http://www.masswerk.at/googleBBS/or http://www.masswerk.at/google60/

But I need the real thing working where I canconnect my terminals to…

Any help is appreciated