On 01/27/2018 03:02 PM, Jules Richardson via cctalk wrote:
OK, looking at the 630QB tech manual now, which seems to be where these
were lifted from... and of course it points out that the LEDs on the M7606
correspond to the hex codes on the panel (i.e. my four red LEDs with the
middle pair flashing on and off equate to the alternating F-9 I'm seeing on
the hex LED)

Success!

I'd left the rear panel console settings how they were when I got the machine, I mean 'T' for terminal, right? Wrong... arrow for terminal, 'T' for "sit there alternating between F and 9, and driving Jules insane" ;)

I'm getting console output now, and it's getting down to trying to load system software before failing (understandably, because I don't have any other boards in there right now)

Will throw boards back in there and see what happens...

J.