I have a few tubes of ST-branded M27C256B UV-erasable EPROM chips. All of these fail to program starting at 0x200 until 0x27F. At 0x200, 0x00 is written, then until 0x27F, the bytes are 0xFF. What would cause this? Can it be fixed by an extra-long time in the eraser? Should I just break out the hammer?

At least I know the programmer is capable of programming a TI-branded 27c256 and 29c256 flash chips. Might there be a bug in the programming software?

FWIW, I'm using a Minipro TL855. Linux software is available at Github: https://github.com/vdudouyt/minipro

--
David Griffith
d...@661.org