Its not a slim line 11/505 is it, in which case you don't appear to need the
If its not would it be possible to make an M9970. They appear to be just

Or pick up the signals from the wire wrap as described here :-

you can pick-up the signals fron the backplane, with a wire-wrap
send data+ 20ma-tty FE2
sent data- 20ma-tty FJ2
sent data ttl-level DF1
Gnd on DC2 and DT1
rec data+ 20ma-tty FN1
rec data- 20ma-tty FP1
rec data ttl-level FM1
Gnd on FC2 and FT1

Hope this helps. Just what I found by googling as I was curious as to what
an M9970 was