On 02/22/2018 10:37 PM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk wrote:
This is all bringing back when Intel tried to see BM's to me at Tektronix.
Got to go see them being made. Something just told me  "dead end".

The original bubble memories were sort of dead end, but applying more advanced semiconductor lithography to them, going to vertical Bloch-line memory architecture, and such could have given them a lot more life, at least. But, when IBM pulled out of the advanced research on it, development just stalled.

Jon