I Frankensteined a P/390 together out of a P/325 server and the PCI P/390 card
back in the day.

I assume you do have the LIC for the P/390 card, without which you’re dead in
the water.

At least the PCI model wasn’t picky about the disks it used.  And I’m pretty
sure it’ll work with whatever the final Warp Server release was (4, maybe?) by
which time the native TCP/IP support was a lot better.  It was a nice little
machine for its day, although Hercules is now many times its speed on modern
hardware.

I used mine to run VM/CMS and Linux (under VM) quite well.

Adam