On 09/19/2018 10:35 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
I have also been thinking about something like the 3megabit ethernet cape that Ken Schrriff did https://github.com/shirriff/alto-ethernet-interface except it would replace a 3174. 3174-23R with ethernet option is complete overkill for a situation where you want to attach one coax terminal to ethernet, like most people wanting a real console on Hercules want to do.

So would you be emulating the 3174's twinax connection and the functions it provides? Functionally being (what I think is) a controller that would in turn communicate via TN3270 across the network to Hercules?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die