On 2018-11-06 10:58 PM, Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez via cctalk wrote:
Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
On 11/06/2018 05:39 PM, Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez via cctalk wrote:
As for the null modem cable, I actually tried several schemes in an RS-232 break-out box, but none worked.

Are you connecting a computer to act as a client?  Or are you actually connecting a (dumb) terminal
I am actually connecting a Macbook Pro with Serial.app (worth the $$$) and a USB-RS232 adapter; this has worked fine with many kinds of hardware.  The only real terminals that I have are a vt220 and two IBM 3151's that actually came with this system.

carlos.
You might try one of the 3151 they are known to work..... for diagnostics set comm parms to 9600,N,8,1

Paul.