The monitor works okay; slight burn in, but otherwise looks okay in terms
of the phosphor. However, something seems to be wonky with the horizontal
scan...the left edge is very wobbly.

Replace all electrolytic caps with new Panasonic of Nichicon 105 degree caps from a source like Digikey, Mouser, Newark or AVNet.

So... I've heard a lot of NeXT monitors get dim over time. There is a tool for rejuvinating CRTs. I wondere if it would work rejuvinating NeXT monitor to bring back brightness.

I am aware of the dangers of CRTs and will be sure to discharge the anode;
I've worked on a few MDA monitors before.

Definitely. Some monitor chassis self discharge via a resistor, so if you short anode to ground and don't see anything that is why.