On 02/04/2019 04:28 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
So I've been helping Fritz look into his -11/45 problem, and things have
gotten to a point where I'd like to reach out for help, more eyes, etc.

OH, does this machine have a cache? We had a /45, and got a cache module for it. It DRAMATICALLY speeded up the system, BUT, it caused extremely weird and irreproducible results, so we had to take it out. I never understood the problem, but I think it might have been that the cache did not snoop DMA transfers. It ran a single user fine all day, when a second user started doing things, both users got crashes and garbled data. This was on RSX-11M.

Jon