On Tue, 19 Feb 2019, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
I think it's useful to have one or two for exhibits of old modems and
period systems that would have used a phone coupler.  For that reason, a
nice 1965 model would be good to have

Well, you do need a classic handset for any acoustic coupler.
Although W.E. "Celebrity" novelty handset will work.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233136060428

> > I have a fondness for old rotary dial phones, especially ones like > > they used in movies and TV shows set in the '40s and '50s. I've > > never managed to acquire one. I'd love to have a few of them, but > > not that many. :-)
> go  to  garage  sales   '
> thy  turn up there.

There are a few on eBay.