On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

On 2/20/19 7:39 AM, geneb wrote:
They may have a physical presence in the EU, which would cause the GDPR to apply to them.  However, for companies with no physical presense in the EU, I don't see how the law could apply.

I agree with your logic.

However your valid logic is contrary to my understanding.

I've seen reference to too many entities that don't have a presence in the EU that are doing things like blocking EU access to websites specifically because of GDPR.

I don't have details on /how/ GDPR applies or /why/ people in the US are running scared of it. But I've seen many references to people doing exactly that.

Based on what I've read, the only possible way the GDPR could apply to a US company (with no EU physical presence) is if you're selling or marketing directly to EU citizens. For the sites and "services" I provide, the EU is invited to see Figure One. ;)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007