On 2/23/19 11:18 AM, Carl Claunch via cctech wrote:
In the early 1970s a socket to hold multiple DIP chips was being sold under the brand name DipStik. Up to six chips were inserted in a trough in the socket, a top screwed on with thumbscrews on the ends. It had solder lugs on the top and bottom for each of the chip pins.

We are restoring an old electronic device that was built in part with these, but due to some corrosion we could use replacement DipStik units if anyone has them.

I don't have an answer for you.

But I do think I know where I have seen what you're talking about.

Curious Marc and compatriots—one of whom is named Carl—are restoring an Apollo Guidance Computer, and an external Rope Memory (?) emulator that has what I believe are the DipStiks that you're talking about.

The DipStiks do seem like an interesting thing. I thought there was the possibility of soldering on both the outside bottom of the trough and the top plate that holds DIPs in place.

Sorry, I don't have links to specific videos, much less time stamps handy at the moment.

If you're curious to see what I think are DipStiks and / or the Apollo Guidance Computer, go check out Curious Marc's videos. I think they are great. I have found all of Curios Marc's and compatriots projects entertaining and enlightening.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die