I would like to emulate a TTY, using a daisywheel typewriter.
Well, there are Qume and Diablo.  Diablo was bought by Xerox, so some of
them carry that label.
Most of the stand-alone versions had serial (RS-232) ASCII interface.
I've given a couple of the Diablo KSRs (that's what the Hitypes with the
keyboard were known as).  I didn't care for them much--no immediacy of
sound and keypress--the two seem unrelated.
Daisywheel printers are incredibly difficult to get rid of--nobody wants
to pay shipping.  I got rid of the last one by throwing in a complete
system with it.  Still have a NEC Spinwriter mouldering away.