On 04/18/2019 03:15 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
     > From: Jon Elson

     > As soon as somebody figured out that you could combine the sense and
     > inhibit wires, everybody immediately went to 3-wire planes.

I"m suprised the idea wasn't patented. Or maybe it was, and they made the
license widely available at modest terms?

I was thinking the same thing, but can't find any references to who invented it. it certainly sounds like the sort of thing to get a patent on.

Point of interest, my freshman advisor was Bill Papian, who was Jay W. Forrester's grad student when he invented coincident-current core memory.

Jon