> On May 20, 2019, at 7:12 PM, Guy Dunphy via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Subject: Things to do in Australia & New Zealand?
>> From: Patrick Finnegan
>
>> I'm going to be in Australia and then New Zealand for most of June, and was
>> wondering if there was anything interesting classic computer wise to visit?
>> I'm planning on being in Sydney for the Australia half of the trip, and
>> haven't made many plans for New Zealand yet besides flying in/out of
>> Auckland.
>
>> Pat
>

> At 10:38 PM 20/05/2019 +0100, Rob wrote:
>> Lookup Max Burnet in Sydney, well worth a visit.
>

> ...The state of classic computers perservation in Australia in general is
> pretty sad. Very little in the way of organised exhibition spaces. Mostly
> it's just motivated individuals, doing what they can with shoestrings and a
> spare room or two
> Otoh if you're interested in sightseeing, I can make you a list. Around the
> city and out in the countryside.
> Do you enjoy outdoors and walking? I can take you on a very nice day walk (or
> a few) near the city. Or further out.
> Also if you are adventurous I can organise some unconventional urbex
> experiences.
>
> Guy

Were I in Sydney, I would spend the  ~4 hours to drive to a little West of
Canberra:

https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/
https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/about/complexes/visiting/

If you happen to go, tell them the New Horizons Payload System Engineer says
hello, keep up the great work, and thanks for all the bits!
                                - Mark Tapley