On 7/8/19 8:25 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:

> Spoken like a non-collector. :-)

I suppose that's the root of it.  I'm basically a pragmatist.  I give
away old hardware that no longer has any use to me.  When I am
eventually forced to downsize, (or my widow is) most of the stuff will
go either to the recyclers or to the landfill.  I am not my possessions.

I recall the Homebrew CC at SLAC auditorium where the Apple I was rolled
out for a special price.  Since I already had a MITS box, I wasn't very
enthusiastic about laying out cash for a single-board microcomputer--a
feeling shared by several other people I knew.   At any rate, if I'd
have sprung for one, it'd be gone by now, as its utility has long passed.

While I can appreciate painted artworks for the genius behind them, I'm
fully aware that they're just blobs of paint on a bit of canvas or wood
and that an accurate replica could be fashioned without too much trouble
using modern technology.

What matters to me is [b]documentation[/b], however it's preserved.  I'm
often faced with a bit of old data and I need to know the details upon
which it was fabricated.   That has value to me.  Al K has been
invaluable in this respect.

As far as owning a watch that was worn by Charles Lindbergh, okay, if it
keeps good time; otherwise, not so much.

--Chuck