This LGR guy took 15 min to get to the point. Any point. And his
channel doesn't even explain what "LGR" stands for.

LGR is short for Lazy Game Reviews. His channel used to be reviews of old MS-DOS games or something. Random dude in NC, and slowly a following built of his videos.

A co-worker of mine some 5 years ago would watch those and Computer Chronicles, so he was the first place I heard about LGR videos. He produces two videos a week I think. As far as I know, it's his livelyhood as the youtube following built that big.

A friend actually went thrifting with him a few weeks ago. The same friend I believe is headed to TX to visit the Reset place in a week or two -- mainly looking for stuff for his museum which is tied to another guys museum from this community.

Bear in mind though that retrocomputing is a *huge* and growing hobby
these days. It's big, lively, international, and fun.
I've been on ClassicCmp for about 15-20 years now, I think, and I've
watched it go from a niche to a big thing. This delights me. More news
is good news.

Agreed! It's cool that younger generation is finding some of the older stuff interesting. I would have thought it would have ended at emulation. The fact that people are doing 386 and 486 computer builds now is strange to me, I'm not going to lie. But we all have our funky hobbies.

I don't like keyboard collectors who butcher machines. I don't see
much point in gutting PCs to put Raspberry Pis or PC motherboards in
them.

I think I recently sold a luggable computer on eBay to one of them. It worked 100% when I shipped it but arrived "broken." I'm still wondering if the guy damaged the CPU card (PICMG) in order to refund once he realized the keyboard was something he wasn't after. Cost me $100+ in shipping all lost.

--
: Ethan O'Toole