On 07/25/2019 07:40 PM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk wrote:

On Jul 25, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Fritz Mueller <fri...@fritzm.org> wrote:

I recently obtained a Tek 4006 from eBay as a repair/restoration project.  It
is missing a few keycaps (both SHIFT keycaps, COPY, LINE FEED, and :/*).  In
addition, one of the key mechanisms has a broken plunger.  Last, the little
green paddle line power toggle power switch at the back appears to be broken.
After disassembly, I can see the keyboard assembly are marked "Cherry" and part
number is B76-07AA.  I'm not enough of a keyboard wonk to know if these are still-mfg'd
cherry key mechanisms?

I'm pretty sure Cherry is not still making these keyboards. But, there were a HELL of a lot of them made over the years. There were several key switch styles in use - really cheap plunger that spreads the contacts apart when up, a magnet and reed switch type, a Hall sensor type, and maybe a capacitance type. The key switches should be able to be replaced fairly easily. Special keycaps will be a harder problem to solve.

Jon