The automated package sorting I'm told includes dropping packages from
one conveyor belt to another, and stuff can fall up to 6ft (though
more likely when something gets clogged/jammed up and packages fall
off of the conveyor system).

39kg/90lbs is heavy enough that it probably should be
palletized/crated and go freight.

I'd probably pick a postal service, or DHL as my first pick for
shipping ~50lb internationally.

Pat