I used an HP 16700A, which you can see in the video I linked some time back:

https://youtu.be/eDMhdAEFEgc

On 11/24/19 8:27 AM, W2HX wrote:
Wow. Very nicely done! Which logic analyzer did you use to capture those
displays?

73 Eugene W2HX
From: cctalk <cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org> on behalf of Joseph Zatarski via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:28 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic Posts
Subject: Re: DEC KA650 VAX memory troubleshooting

Well, I finally got around to posting this on the CHWiki, in case
anybody was curious about this.

https://gunkies.org/wiki/DEC_KA650_Memory_Subsystem

On 6/17/19 7:56 PM, Joe Zatarski wrote:
OK, so where should a thing like this go: https://pastebin.com/taQwaTV6

Anybody got a decent place to upload that? it's my notes on the
MS650-AA, and more generally the KA650 CMCTL memory subsystem.

Includes my theory of operation of the CMCTL, the organization of
memory, the ECC equations (kinda, the info is there to derive them),
explanations of the signals on the memory bus, and most importantly, a
list of which bits and RAM regions correspond to the 312 DRAMs on the board.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 8:33 PM Joe Zatarski <joezatar...@gmail.com
<mailto:joezatar...@gmail.com>> wrote:

  > Hey Everyone,
  >
  > I just thought I'd share a video of how I'm going about
troubleshooting the bad DRAMs on my MS650 memory board.

  > https://youtu.be/eDMhdAEFEgc
  >
  > I apologize for the shaky-cam, I don't have a tripod, and I needed to
do a lot of panning anyway.

  > I will be sharing my notes on the MS650 once I have a chance to write
them up properly as well. I wasn't able to find a printset for the RAM
card itself, so I assume one doesn't exist in digital form yet. I have
documented what bit and memory range each DRAM on the card corresponds
to, which may help someone troubleshooting in the future