Mike,
That is easy. I am running a router/firewall as my gateway and I have a gigabit switch. I also have some 100mbit hubs and switches but I'm not using them. We can also get in to the fact the proper place to reply is at the top of the post and not at the bottom. Top posting has been the proper way since private BBS' were in existence.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 11/25/2019 4:03 PM, Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel Chiappa via cctalk" <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
To: <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: <j...@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: "First Internet message" and ...

... Can you please provide a crisp, definitive, technical definition of what an
'intranet' is (similar to the one I just provided for 'internet' - "disparate
networks tied together with packet switches which examine the internet-layer
headers")?
Noel
Oh goody; when the "intranet" vs. "an internet" vs. "The Internet" discussion finally gets boring we can
argue over the meaning and function of "switches" vs. "routers" vs. "hubs".