On 3/10/2020 8:48 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
On 3/10/20 2:31 AM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk <cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org> On Behalf Of Rod Smallwood
via cctalk
Sent: 10 March 2020 04:14
To: Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> Subject: Re: HPE OpenVMS Hobbyist license program is closing

Like all large US corporations they are dollar driven

I noticed that. I wonder how they would feel if I were to take my VAX to MakeFests with a notice on saying how much they want for a licence to actually load software and demo an antique machine....

They would not care and it would have no effect on their bottom
line so why should they?

bill

One reason could be, that it makes for good advertising and good sentiment. Many corps sponsor just for these reasons.

- J.