On Apr 17, 2020, at 9:02, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
> As I noted, the two sets of appendices are mostly completely different. There
> are 9 appendices that look like they are from the primary document and 5 that
> look like they are from inserted pages. Both sets start numbering from "A".
> There is one title shared between the two sets.
>
> But the really interesting thing is that the copyright date on the "primary"
> document is AFTER the date in the footers of the "inserted" pages.

Do not underestimate the powers of humans to make errors when creating or
applying updates.

> FYI - the document is Computervision CADDStation System Software Installation.
>
> So, any recommendations on what I should do?
>
> Also, any recommendations on a software tool to slice and dice PDFs that is
> inexpensive?

Depends what you want to do.  On a Mac, I use Preview which is the default PDF
viewer; it allows me to cut, copy and paste scanned pages from one PDF to
another.

I also do some things with Perl and CAM::PDF which makes writing filter-like
programs that do page-level operations fairly easy, e.g. I have one that
deletes the odd-numbered pages from a stdin-supplied PDF and writes the
resulting PDF to stdout and I think it’s about 12 lines total.  Anyone care to
guess what my use case for this is?

-Frank McConnell