Recently found a movie Pirates of Silicon Valley which had some of early Microsoft history

On 5/22/2020 11:50 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
It is a work of fiction, and should be taken as such.
On Fri, 22 May 2020, ben via cctalk wrote:
Confused here. Pirates or Micosoft history?
Runs.
Ben.

BOTH. Microsoft history is "based on" a true story; and then fictionalized. As we age, unrefreshed dynamic wetware RAM fades and distorts, so we remember only certain parts and only in ways that our brains come up with. Keep in mind the "blind men and the elephant". Each of the groups involved in creating the internet has a TOTALLY different concept of what happened and who the major players were. For example, to what extent was the motivation for the internet for the purpose of uninterrupted IRS tax collection after apocalypse?

Pirates is total fantasy that might sorta claim to have been "inspired by", by those who were not there, and with no factual nor historical content.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com