On 7/17/20 2:42 PM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
I had a disk that went over a SMART threshold that was part of a mdadm software mirror and it posted a message every time I rebooted warning of impending doom.

That sounds like the typical S.M.A.R.T. alert from the BIOS. Not something from the kernel. If it was the kernel, I'd like to know more about it.

The systems I support professionally do try to warn the admins, but it seems that frequently no notice is taken until the level of redundancy is exceeded at which time the issue becomes more difficult to ignore, and then begins the waling and gnashing of teeth......

Yep. I suspect many, if not most, of us have been in that teeth gnashing situation.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die