On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
I do seem recall using ESDI drives in a PC with 16 bit ISA slots but it is a long time ago but I am not sure if the controller used was the RT controller you have pictured, it seems to me the one used was a Western Digital controller.

On 2021-02-11 6:35 p.m., Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
The most likely ISA ESDI would be the WD1007 controller.
There were a few variant submodels of that, such as with/without floppy support, w/wo BIOS ROM.

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/manuals/Western%20Digital/WD1007A-WAH%20and%20WA2%20-%20Users%20Guide.pdf Mine had the ROM.  On one machine, I had a 200M 3.5" drive.  My first drive of that size of both capacity and physical size.
I think that I know where it is.