On 1/12/22 5:49 PM, Van Snyder via cctalk wrote:
I have an old IBM Model C typewriter. I can't bear to throw it away,
even though it doesn't work well. The carriage doesn't advance, and the
A key doesn't work. Do you know how to tune it up?

If you want it, it's yours for the price of shipping. I'll probably
take it to UPS and ask them to pack it.

I'm sure that there are typewriter collectors that would be interested. But I have no idea how to connect with them.

Aside:  I wonder if there are any newsgroups.

I wonder if Curious Mark or Co. would be interested in it. It seems to be similar to mechanical Teletypes and adding machines. Who knows, maybe we'd see a restoration video about it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die