On 3/28/22 12:09 PM, Nigel Johnson Ham via cctalk wrote:
OK, it was wireless, but that brings up another surprise, that wireless ethernet came before wired :-)

As others have indicated, I think not.  ;-)

I recently watched the following videos of Bob Metcalfe:

 - Link - Ethernet Briefings in April 1978 by Bob Metcalfe (112 minutes)
    - https://youtu.be/Fj7r3vYAjGY

And the follow up:

 - Link - Metcalfe's Law After 40 Years of Ethernet (19 minutes)
    - https://youtu.be/f6CJA421aUo

The Ethernet Briefings video goes into fairly good detail comparing and contrasting ALOHA net and Ethernet.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die