There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch!

What did you think would happen with large free email hosts? They round up all
the clients and then do what they like with them.

Google mines emails for data.

I use a private (paid) service via my web site host. I’ve been using it since
around 1996.

They haven’t changed much over the decades and they do NOT mine my emails!