On 7/30/2022 10:04 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
On 7/30/2022 8:01 PM, Jonathan Chapman via cctalk wrote:
Doug,

A few years ago I got it to power on and it runs Unix variant, their
product name was Idris. I have 16 floppies (dated 1992) that came with
the system, but the hard disk has died.
Interesting! I have a Multibus system that runs Idris, very little information seems to be around on it. Mine's a straight 68K.

What are the minimum requirements for BSD?
With an '030 you should be able to run NetBSD-CURRENT, slowly :P You would of course have to write drivers for any unsupported hardware you need.

Thanks,
Jonathan

What an odd OS.  Glad to see that someone else recognized it. Looked it up on the internet and found a Wiki page giving a brief history.  Now I know more than before.

In my case I have something where the hardware is unique, the OS is unique.  A real honest to goodness dinosaur.

Bio-Rad built and labeled the CPU board, not cheaply either! Looks like it used standard components for scsi control, floppy i/f.  No graphics, simple line drawing.

Doug

Decided to sell it, can't keep it any longer.  See pictures on ebay item 325288272428.  There were manuals for Idris.

Doug