On Wed, 21 Sep 2022, Eric Smith via cctalk wrote:

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022, 07:51 geneb via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

The question I have is how did a contemporary system deal with the
combination of a disk with both index windows and a drive with both index
sensors?

They didn't deal with it at all. It didn't work. No normal 8-inch floppy
disks have both index holes in the jacket. If you convert a disk from SS to
DS, or vice versa, by punching the other index hole in the jacket, you have
to cover the original, unless you're going to use it in a drive that has
only one index sensor (typically an SS drive).

I've got at least three boxes of NOS Dysan disks with both of those index holes present, so they certainly were made commercially.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007