Hi,

I've got Sun Fire V100 that I'm pretty sure at some point in time
actually worked, since I loaded the board with the maximum amount
of memory supported (2G).

Now, however, when powering on, the LOM comes up but upon issuing the
poweron command the main CPU apparently doesn't, all I get is either
 1. print_message: Wrong message ID
 2. or continuous scrolling of what look like blocks of register dumps

I can reliably get effect 1, but the effect 2 is not easy to reproduce.
The memory itself seems ok - transplanted it into a known good V100
board and that booted up to readiness (no OS installed yet), included
full memory init. Just on general principle (i.e. try the obvious things
first) I also retried with known good PSU, same result.

There are no obvious signs of trouble (e.g. bulked up or leaky
electrolytic capacitors, scorch marks).

Any ideas what that message wants to tell me?

Full bootup transcript below, note the fan failure is due to this being
run as a naked board removed from the case, so the case fans are 'missing'.