Something quite similar, . . . (probably a hassle to switch over) I had a KVM switch, that permitted two computers to share one keyboard mouse, monitor, and speakers. DE15, two USB ports and a headphone jack (IOGear GCS632U?) It apparently watched for a hotkey from the keyboard to activate switching.

I replaced it with one that had a physical pushbutton for switching (would have preferred a DT switch, with visible positions, so that you know which one is selected, not bouncing back and forth until it's what you want)