Thanks Jos, I hadn't realized how similar the DP1100 is.

This brochure has a great image of the font right on the front page (80x12
text):
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/datapoint/1100/Dataform_1100_Brochure_1974.pdf

And it's probably a safe bet that it's the same font as in the 1972
models.   Would be neat to see the entire character set.  In the photo, the
screen looks fairly inset -- like maybe an inch?  That's good for keeping
glare off the screen.

I see there was a Cassette 1100 and Disk 1100 (by '75):
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/datapoint/1100/60259_1100_Brochure_1975.pdf

Then I came across a DP2200 emulator, except -- it was apparently made in
1973 and ran on a DP2200!  (ACM link, but click the PDF, it's freely
available)
https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/800192.805722

What a neat system.   In an old IBM 5110, I replaced its power supply with
modern components. From the DP2200 manual, it looks like it needs -5
-12 +5 +12 and +24V?  There is a "trick" in the modern buck-boost voltage
converters to get negative voltage (the IBM PSU needs -5 -12 +5 +12
and +8.5V).   I put notes about it here:
https://voidstar.blog/ibm-5100-power-supply/

Maybe something similar can be done for the old DP's?  I understand for
authentic/historical perspective all original components is prefered, but
using a substitute PSU is reasonable for checking out the rest of the
system.

Were there any contemporary complaints about the DP PSU in the mid-1970s?
 Like was it noisy, ran hot, cause any fires?   I recall a talk from one of
the early 1980s Commodore engineer, where he was amazed ANY C64 was still
running since the components were truly not designed to last more than a
few years.

What an amazing system those Datapoints were, for their time.  The
chicken-farm story in the DP2200 book is really fun - these farmers being
savvy enough to code up what they needed, and the systems compact enough to
fit in the farms and using modems even to sync up data (pre-1975).

The IBM 5100:  64x16 screen (instead of 80x12 used in DP), and a slightly
larger "box"(case) that had a "horn" inside for better airflow over all the
components (not an audible horn, but a thing that channel air from the PSU
fan to distribute over all the electronic cards and display circuits).
Plus the 5100 supported the external BNC video (I'm not sure if any of the
DP systems had an external video connector? I didn't see it mentioned in
the DP2200 manual) - I've put 3x extra CRT's chained up to the IBM 5100, in
the manual I think it says it can go up to 16 (not sure what the limiting
factor of that signal is).   I'm not sure if quality-wise the IBM PSU was
"better" (it takes about 3/4th of the back half of the case, the other
1/4th for the fan) - other than to say quite a few 5100's are still running
in the world.  Maybe all that altogether makes it (the 5100) a more
"portable" system (construction sites, forward edge battlespace, etc --
i.e. being more robust to handle outside heat).  Also it had a minimum of
8K. The APL stuff made the 5100 expensive, but the base BASIC model was
~$9K (I think even with the single QIC tape for 207KB storage; but that
price didn't include async/comm cards).  Weren't base DPs $5K-$7K (all
throughout 72-75) ?

But, in extracting the data on those TTLs, it seems like a modern replica
of a DP2200 would be possible.   Can't say the same for the 5100 because
apparently nobody left on the planet understands those MOSFET silver cans
(and how to extract the 6KB of content from them).

Sorry for the tangent:) I really was just curious about the DP2200 font,
and possibly seeing where it came from (just based on its style).  The DP
has a better "0" (zero) font than the 5100 :) (IMO)

-Steve