> On 24 Nov 2022, at 22:45, Rob Jarratt <robert.jarr...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for the suggestion Mattis. The UF4007 has a PIV of 1000V, I had a
> suggestion that the PIV should be 200V. Not sure what rating I should be
> going for here?

Given that I didn’t have a schematic and this is on the primary side I went for
the recommendation of 1000V. 200V may a bit low on the primary side depending
on the application of the diode. On the primary there can be sustained voltages
up to 400V and peaks that go even higher. Using a diode with higher PIV almost
never affects the operation as long as other parameters stay the same. In this
case the most important parameter is the trr. It has to be a fast recovery
diode. In this case the UF4007 is slightly slower than the UF4004. But I doubt
it has a big significance. Actually the A114 is much slower. 200 ns.

:Mattis