We used to shun anything newer than and including the IBM PC but
time.marches on.  You're safe if you discuss systems produced before 1990.
After that put an OT in the front of your subject so as not to offend the
purists.  Personally I think anything built after 1995 is too new for
cctalk, but thats just me.  There are plenty of facebook groups for win
95/95+.  Newer SGI, Amiga and Sun systems seem to be accepted compared to
Mac and Wintel of the same year.  There is a bias and it's very subjective.
Bill Degnan
Kennettclassic.com