Hey everyone, No - I won't ask if this is on topic or not :) I'm currently
reparing an ALPS plotter ( a Tandy "ce 150" equivalent ) and it's not the first
time I face the same problem ; how to replace NiCD batteries. In the past what
I did is actually order new NiCd ( you can still find them here in Europe, well
actually out of europe but in eastern countries close to europe ) However they
are at best NOS nowadays, that does "work" enough for moderate use (I've done
that on vintage laptops) This time I'd like to go a bit beyond that and replace
the NiCd with modern NiMH (the plotter coils and motors will benefit the extra
power) However the trickle chagre of NiCd applied to NiMH will either kill my
batteries or kill me in a house fire. I see small $1 NiMH 5S charging boards on
Aliexpress, I thought I might use that, try to shove it it the CE150 (or other
devcies with the same problem) TL-DR : Before I re invent the wheel here ; Has
anyone developed a proper way to replace NiCd with N

iMH in vintage (mostly portable) equipment ? And I mean not simply swapping the
batteries, I don't want that, I want a proper charge process.