Anything up to 64-bit has been on topic over the life of this list.  Though
64-bit initially was pushing it, less so now, as I’d definitely consider
something like a Sun Ultra 2, or DEC Alpha to be very much on topic.  I
definitely participated in discussions of early Macintosh systems back around
’97.  I doubt I participated much (if at all) in discussions of early PC’s.
I’ve always viewed discussion of off-topic PC’s to be of more interest, though
I am starting to look at vintage PC’s a bit differently (simply due to wanting
to still access some vintage software, and needing to move off Parallels
Desktop on my Mac).

While I probably wouldn’t want to participate in a discussion of them, I’d
argue that a “Willamette” Pentium 4 is sufficiently vintage, and something of
an odd-ball today.  Same with any PPC based Mac.  While I have Intel based
Mac’s that are 10+ old, I don’t consider them to be classic, especially as one
is still in nearly daily use.

I like your proposal of, "don't bring up boring modern topics that have a
better home somewhere else."

Having seen another of your posts, I’m left to wonder how many of us had our
eyes opened by this list back in 1997.  In my case having worked on some
systems decidedly “vintage” systems, prior to joining the list helped spark my
interest.  That and my love of Operating Systems.  I want to say that I found
the list after picking up my first couple vintage computers, back when you
could find them at Goodwill cheap.

Zane