I'm using several of these, on PRO380s, and on RQDX3s on MicroVAXes
and  a BA23 11/73. Lessee, did you create the container file for the
disk? And make sure it's the same file name used in the command line that starts
up the service? Did you do the command that tells the service to start
at system boot time? And, my favorite problem in setting these up - are
the cables plugged in right on both ends of both cables? I had to span
the vector space of linear combinations of plug orientations to get it
to work, since my cables didn't have keyways, and how to plug 'em in was
not obvious. When it works, it works great. Only problem is that I have
to pause a bit after powering on the system, to let the automatic file
backup finish before the 11/73 tries to access it. If you don't get
anywhere, David Gesswein  is very helpful sorting out problems.
--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants