The 3" floppy was available in single (flippy) and double-sided.
But, the two different driveswould not accept each other's disks! (You could not use the flippy disks in the double-sided drive)

Besides the Amstrad, it was advertised and sold for AppleII and Coco, under the name Amdek in USA, as an external two drive box. I have heard that it was offered for other systems, but the ads that I saw were offering only for Coco and Apple

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com