On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 3:45 PM Van Snyder via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2023-02-02 at 18:28 -0500, William Sudbrink via cctalk wrote:
> > After more than three years, U of Iowa's PDP-8 project active again
>
> Years ago, I had a colleague named Prentiss Knowlton who built a
> solenoid bank to connect to his PDP-8. He put the solenoid bank on the
> keyboard of the 90-rank Schlicker pipe organ in the All Saints
> Episcopal Church in Pasadena, CA. It played the music for his wedding.
>
> Later, he published an album of pipe-organ performances, on the same
> organ, entitled "Unplayed by Human Hands."
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unplayed_by_Human_Hands
>
> I don't know whether he still has the computer.

Ooh, very cool!  I have his first album (he released two).

Looks like he's presently teaching computer science at UCLA ==>
https://www.uclaextension.edu/instructors/prentiss-knowlton

I'm going to contact him and interview him about this.  I'd like to know if
the computer could also select different ranks.

Thanks for the tip, Van.

Sellam

Sellam