From: Tony Duell [mailto:ard.p850...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2023 9:27 AM
To: Alexandre Souza
Cc: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: [cctalk] Re: Nuking an MFM drive with a magnet, format/servo gone?

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 5:21 PM Alexandre Souza <alexandre.tabaj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I thoug the right one was st512...can you enlighten me on this subject Tony?

I've never heard it called that.

It's often called 'ST506' but that drive had a few differences from the later
ones. it didn't support buffered seeks AFAIK. The ST412 did and was the most
common of a family of 3 similar drives (ST406, ST412,
ST419) so it tends to be used as the de-facto name of the interface.

-tony